If your Pakistani or from the South Asian Subcontinent then I’m sure your mom has mixed all her Desi masalas (spices) into spaghetti. Sounds weird, but it actually tastes great! I even recall my middle-school friends loving my ‘spicy spaghetti’ lunch days.
Here is a desi spaghetti recipe I found by Chef Fauzia.
- 2 pounds of Ground Beef (Keema)
- 1 packet of Spaghetti
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 2 Green Chillies (Hari Mirch) (chopped)
- 1 tsp. of Red Chilli Powder (Pisi Lal Mirch) (or to taste)
- 1 tsp. Cumin Powder (Pisa Zeera)
- 1 tbsp. Coriander Powder (Pisa Dhania)
- ¼ tsp. Turmeric Powder (Pisi Haldi)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp. Ginger Paste (Pisi Adrak)
- 1 tsp. Garlic Paste (Pisa Lehsan)
- 1 bottle of Spaghetti Sauce (or to your taste)
- 3 tbsp. Plain Yogurt
- Cooking Oil (as needed)
- Water (for boiling spaghetti)
3. Quickly add the keema to the spaghetti and mix well. Then add the spaghetti sauce and mix. Leave the spaghetti on stove until it is well heated. (By continuously mixing.) Finally take off heat and serve hot.
Something to cook about…